Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll, validating time and attendance, benefits reconciliation, general ledger posting and month end accounting.
1. Maintain payroll and accounting activities for T.D. Williamson US and Canadian Payroll and Health Benefits.
2. Enter one-time payments and W-2 compensation adjustments as instructed and approved by HR. Includes review and verification of payment/deductions and proper taxation. Includes, but is not limited to bonuses, commissions, deferred compensation payments, expat compensation payments, moving allowances, personal use of company car, tax preparation fees, 3rd party sick pay.
3. Assists as needed with payroll garnishments, tax, reconciliations, filing, and other duties as instructed by payroll supervisor.
4. Interfaces with Human Resources on maintenance of employee files to ensure an accurate and timely payroll.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Some college accounting and/or general accounting experience.
3. Three to five years of payroll experience. Current knowledge of appropriate federal, state, and local tax laws as they pertain to payroll issues.
4. Computer literate with Microsoft Excel and Word at the Intermediate Level.
5. Must maintain high level of confidentiality.