Accountable for all health, safety and environmental activities principal to TDW’s global HSE Management System (HSEMS). Responsible for proactively managing risk and reputation while directing HSE business activities.
HSE Program, Strategy, Development, and Execution (60%)
HSE advocate (10%)
1. Serves as company representative for Customer HSE matters, as well as regulatory, government, industry agencies (OSHA, EPA, DOT, and international equivalents).
2. Serves as Chairperson for senior leadership reviews (Critical Incident Reviews, HSE Management Team reviews, Board of Director updates.
Team Development/Management (30%)
1. Provides leadership and direction to global HSE team that will ensure the team achieves consistently high levels of performance.
2. Drives a culture that embraces continuous improvement, innovation and positive process change.
3. Ensures team is well aligned with operations and is perceived as a value added partner.
4. Works closely with domestic and international team members to foster sharing of best practices, lessons learned as well as shared accountability for global performance.
5. Selects, develops, evaluates and leads a department of HSE Professionals with a goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive resource in the organization.
6. Conducts performance reviews according to schedule, providing fair and accurate assessment of employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization.
1. BS in a technical discipline such as Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
2. Certified Safety Professional or related accreditation.
3. 10-15 years of experience in operations and or HSE.
4. Relevant oil and gas industry experience with manufacturing and field operations experience preferred, Ability to move back and forth between strategic and tactical aspects of the role, set priorities and produce results under challenging conditions and tight deadlines.
5. Certification in accredited Lean Six Sigma program or willingness to become certified.
6. Proven leadership skills in a multi-location (global) environment with an emphasis on people skills, Ability to utilize resources and successfully network amongst large and diverse groups.
7. Able to translate, articulate, simplify and communicate complex business and technical concepts to audiences with varying levels of expertise.
8. Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communications skills including ability to plan and deliver effective presentations.
9. Fluent in English, other language skills (French, Spanish, Russian) a plus.
10.Proficient with international travel (4-6 weeks per year).