Acquires knowledge of TDW Services hot tapping procedures through on-the-job and formalized training to become competent in field service work.
1. Working closely with certified technicians, acquires fundamentals associated with field service work, primarily operation of TDW's hot tapping and plugging equipment and completion of required paperwork. Through on-the-job training and selected studies, obtains knowledge to ensure standard procedures are utilized and customer needs are fulfilled.
2. Acquires knowledge of TDW's HT&P equipment functions, repairs, and servicing to enable efficient field performance for HT&P field applications, and maintenance and repair of TDW HT&P equipment in compliance with established quality assurance procedures.
3. Learns and applies approved safety procedures to ensure the personal safety of all parties involved in the field work.
4. Follows standard troubleshooting procedures to alleviate problems encountered in the field, ensuring safe and efficient field performance from equipment.
5. Develops ability to respond to customer requirements and address problem solving aspects of all TDW field work.
6. Arranges personal transportation and housing reservations. Prepares and submits expense reports in accordance with established procedures.
7. Performs other tasks as may be required from time to time by upper management.
8. Works with Freeze Technicians to learn processes and procedures of Freeze applications. Through study and hands-on training, obtains certification at level consistent with HT&P certification.
1. High school graduate and/or vo-tech.
2. Three to five years mechanical related background.
3. Must possess or be able to obtain a commercial chauffeur's license and be able to travel extensively as required.
4. Familiarization with any or all of the following areas would be helpful: a. Hydraulics b. Refinery/Plant Experience
5. Good communication skills are required.
6. Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
7. May be required to carry cell phone after regular hours, on weekends and holidays