Technology development & support (40%)
- Take legacy product and drawings and model it within 3D space to assist Manufacturing Engineering & the NC Programmers. Assist in the redesign of legacy product to: ensure manufacturability, quality, low cost, & fast lead-times.
- Gains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned TDW technology with focus on product/service application, codes, design standards, procedures, and production,
- Participates in a variety of rotational development cycles to gain broad understanding and technical application of products and services,
- Performs contributing role in assigned projects related to Creating New Capabilities, Extreme Customer Commitment and/or Operational Excellence,
- Works closely with Engineering Design personnel to ensure a thorough knowledge of technologies;
Operational development and excellence (40%)
- Accompanies TDW Technicians to field job sites to observe and/or participate in field jobs utilizing TDW products while adhering to all HSE guidelines and operating procedures,
- Accompanies TDW Sales Representatives and/or Customer Services Representatives on projects, working directly with TDW customers to better understand customer needs and expectations,
- Through observation and daily involvement, becomes familiar with assigned business unit operations,
- Supports and learns manufacturing and Quality Assurance activities for products and engineered solutions,
- Provides technical and application expertise and experience during field assignments;
Leadership development (20%)
- Builds a broad range of leadership skills by participating in a variety of leadership development programs,
- Participates in Six Sigma (Design and/or Lean) training to gain a broader understanding of process improvement,
- Conducts studies and/or participates in special projects utilizing Six Sigma principles.