Provides engineering support to PLS and applies sound engineering principles to the design of new products and the modification of existing products. Has sufficient authority, when delegated by Manager, Development Group Engineering, to enforce decisions concerning quality control and code compliance.
1. Serves as a technical supervisor to the assigned design and/or drafting personnel; coordinates their efforts into the timely completion of the project while providing the necessary calculations, sketches, and information.
2. Provide technical leadership in developing new controls and instrumentation for HT&P or other pipeline maintenance equipment including defining control requirements and methods and directing implementation of electrical/electronic hardware and software as required.
3. Serves as lead engineer on assigned projects; provides or oversees the completion of all required calculations, drawings, and specifications required to assure a quality product on schedule and within budget.
4. Initiates and conducts testing, including developing and designing test methods and procedures, and substantiates the test results with proper documentation, ensuring that adequate testing is performed and is in accordance with established quality control procedures.
5. Maintains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned products/projects in regard to applications, applicable codes, design standards and procedures, manufacturing techniques, etc., in order to provide technical assistance in a professional manner when requested.
6. Ensure that PLS and PPD are supplied with all necessary released documentation including manufacturing drawings, assembly drawings and instructions, and operation and maintenance manuals for each new product or instrument.
7. Improves technical knowledge by reviewing technical papers/literature and attending appropriate seminars and workshops with the intent of applying latest technology to TDW products.
8. Provide technical assistance to PLS, PPD, and contract design sources to define project definition, specifications, cost and schedule goals. Maintain technical oversight and managerial oversight of projects performed by contract design sources.
9. Provides technical assistance to and serves as PLS technical representative on subcontracted development and manufacturing projects; assumes lead technical and/or managerial role to assure that project specifications are properly developed and maintained, that project specifications are followed, and that the final product of the project meets or exceeds the envisioned expectations.
1. B.S. degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent. Working toward professional registration.
2. Minimum of five years software, firmware and/or hardware development experience.
3. Good project management and technical writing skills.
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Experience with MS-DOS and/or MS Windows development tools, assembly language programming, C and C++ language programming, ARM design, embedded systems design and a familiarity with inductive, ultrasonic pressure, and temperature sensors.