This position serves as the primary liaison between the customer and operating departments within TDW. In conjunction with field Sales, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring customer requirements have been correctly identified and has the authority to commit company resources to ensure TDW customer satisfaction.
1. Negotiates contracts in conjunction with field Sales (daily requests, annual blanket orders as well as progressive maintenance agreements), ensuring market valued pricing and acceptable terms of sale while supporting pre-defined TDW pricing policies and guidelines. Assists TDW customers, through proper communications, to define which TDW product or group of products best addresses the customers operational requirements.
2. Manages the processing of orders in a timely and accurate manner (includes but is not limited to: determining appropriate TDW part number which defines the required product, establishing new bill-to and ship-to addresses, credit negotiations with Credit Manager, including Letters of Credit where applicable, change order maintenance, establishes or negotiates delivery dates of customer requirements with the help of Master Scheduling and/or Manufacturing, order expediting as needed, setting shipping terms and methods, commission allocations, assigning tax codes, etc.).
3. Establishes selling prices for products in accordance with guidelines and maintains historical files on price development. Communicates delivery requirement trends, as well as anticipated "project" type orders to the appropriate operating functions. Implements and maintains product price increases as directed by the Customer Service Manager or Supervisor in the Omar and man/man databases. Maintains product price list for distribution.
4. Networks with other TDW functions to enable effective coordination of all customer issues such as complaints, inquiries on applications of TDW products, literature, plant tours/audits, shipment tracing, order expediting, customer inspections, etc., with the most appropriate TDW function equipped to address the issue, ensuring timely response to the customer through priority management of the open issues.
5. Develops and maintains personal communications expertise (telephone, Facsimile, E-Mail, written documents and oral activities), as well as the communication systems expertise within the department to utilize current technologies in addressing the customers, as well as broadening the intracompany communications within TDW.
6. Maintains the appropriate personal awareness of new TDW products and modified products, industry design codes and trends, market environment issues, TDW operational procedures, reasonable understanding of manufacturing process and knowledge about current TDW products, etc. to ensure intelligent and professional communications with the marketplace. Reviews new technologies and assists in determining those technologies, which will enhance the effectiveness of TDW addressing current market requirements.
7. Manages projects as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager of Customer Services, which include project orders as well as projects for improvement/change within the department.
8. Communicates with freight forwarders to obtain proper shipping instructions, schedule vessels and/or trucks to pick up loads. Also responsible for review of letter of credit (LOC), types special invoices required, prepares the necessary data package.
1. BS degree in business or engineering discipline required. In the alternative three to five years current experience as a Jr. Inside Sales Representative and Associate Degree or five years experience in design, field services, manufacturing or Jr. ISR with TDW or five to seven years industry experience in design, field service, or manufacturing with other companies may be substituted for the BS degree.
2. Understand mechanical products, engineering terminology, and general usage of TDW equipment.
3. Must be able to communicate well, both verbal and in writing, and be able to function efficiently in stressful situations with customers.
4. Must be proficient in the use of current computer and communications technologies, including but not limited to PC skills on database, spreadsheets and word processing and communication skills such as E-Mail, Facsimile and EDI concepts.
5. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a high stress, short lead time environment.
6. Awareness of industry design codes, as well as the varied market environments.