Respect of the HSE rules and requirements (10%)
- Creates all required conditions for the team to work safely and checks that all team members and visitors are respecting the HSE rules.
- Develops HSE training and communication (weekly HSE meetings, yellow cards, STOP cards, etc.).
- Ensures that all safety and housekeeping standards are adequate to achieve a safe work environment.
- Create all required conditions to avoid any long term incident (LTI), analyzes the root cause of any LTI and implement corrective action plans.
Product and Process quality (20%)
- Ensures that the manufactured products respect the customer specifications and interrupts the manufacturing of products with non conformity.
- Checks that all products with non conformity are under control and organizes corrective action plan.
- Ensure traceability requirements are met in all times (batch markings, welding parameters, test reports, …).
- Ensure necessary tools, documentation, work instructions are provided to the operators in order to perform their work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Together with Manufacturing Engineers-Planners, build realistic production plans based on raw material deliveries and Order Delivery requirements (Confirmed Stock Date).
- Ensures manpower levels are sufficient to support production schedules.
- Anticipates all situations that can generate delay towards objectives, modifies the work order and decides to subcontract some operations.
- Checks that all equipment is available, plans the test equipment according to the order planning, requires and organizes technical modification of the equipment if necessary (to solve technical, quality or safety concerns).
Continuous improvement (20%)
- Initiates, leads or ensures constructive contribution of his staff to all continuous improvements workshops1
- Ensures that production organization follows the 5S standards.
- Make relevant proposals for budget request to improve safety, cost, quality, leadtime or flexibility.
Team management (20%)
- Selects, evaluates, motivates and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet company objectives, while complying with local employment guidelines,
- Empower manpower flexibility in terms of competencies.
- Sets personal objectives, provides fair and constructive feedback, assesses accurately employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensures training & development needs are addressed.
- Develops a positive team dynamics to ensure high performance.
- Leads the continuous improvement process in his team.