Coordinates all phases of the customer order process from initial inquiry through job completion which includes making equipment recommendations, establishing pricing and scheduling equipment and technicians.
1. Responds to written and verbal customer inquiries for service work and for the purchase of equipment with a quotation that will be acceptable to the customer and generate a profit for the service center.
2. Prepares and issues invoices for service work and purchase or inter-divisional use of equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Maintains service center sales order and invoice logs and prepares necessary weekly and monthly reports on a timely, accurate basis ensuring that the corporate office is kept informed of service center business.
4. Maintains inventory records for resale and consumable items ensuring the maintenance of established levels of all items.
5. Expedites orders as needed to ensure required materials and equipment reach specified locations on desired dates.
6. Works closely with the technicians to inform them of all aspects of a job such as scope of the work to be performed and directions to the jobsite; works closely with shop personnel with regard to the proper equipment, materials and shipping instructions for each job in compliance with established quality assurance procedures..
7. Job may include performing clerical duties such as typing quotes, invoices and purchase orders and filing.
8. If designated, maintains ISO Procedures Manual (Level I and II) for Service Center, ensuring revisions are filed in a timely manner and routed to all persons affected by the procedure. Maintains records of communicating document control-related activities.
9. Ensures compliance with established quality control/assurance procedures while performing all the HT&P related processes.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree in Industrial Technology would be a plus.
2. Proficient in the use of personal computers; familiarity with software programs including MicroSoft Word, Excel or the willingness to learn is required.
3. Experience working in the oil or petro-chemical industry is required; phone sales experience is a must.
4. Effective communication skills (verbal and written).