Regional Controlling Business partnering (45%)
- Understands the Europe Director development strategy and supports the decision making process by providing assistance and guidance,
- Contributes to the global vision on all products, services and projects which impact the assigned region,
- Increases awareness of the financial impact of business activities within the management team and involves the managers in the forecasting processes; supports the Europe Director in all financial linked activities.
- Develops budgeting processes and procedures to provide budgeting/planning systems to operations and corporate management, which ensure that management has adequate information to plan effectively to meet regional and corporate goals.
Legal entities Accounting, Reporting, controlling and compliance (45%)
(France - Italy - Poland - Germany - Benelux)
- Manages all activities related to accounting and internal financial controls, ensuring the effectiveness and adequacy of accounting and control systems,
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and with legal requirements related to the accounting, finance, tax and legal functions,
- Coordinates the preparation and execution of the internal and/or external audit for legal entities in scope, ensures that the local general ledgers are closed on a timely basis,
- Controls capital expenditures by establishing procedures, requirements and reports,
- Manages and deals with various partners and suppliers such as external accountants, banks, local insurers, lawyers and various facilities suppliers (cars leasers, phoning providers, office cleaning,…);
- Ensures accuracy and consistency of monthly reporting in coordination with global policies. Validate trend queries where applicable,
- Ensures compliance with local legal and tax requirements and internal standards (US Gaap) including financial statements, tax reports, audit, etc.,
- Ensures planning, scope and execution of statutory audits and internal audits
- Visits to local offices when and where appropriate.
Team Management (10%)
- Selects, evaluates, motivates and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet company objectives, while complying with local employment guidelines,
- Sets personal objectives, provides fair and constructive feedback, assesses accurately employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensures training & development needs are addressed,
- Develops a positive team dynamics to ensure high performance and leads the continuous improvement process in his team.