Planning & liaison at leads and prospects stage (15%)
Co-ordinates the Business Development Managers & Salesforce at the front-end with the Manufacturing & Service Operations teams at the back-end to ensure that all teams are aligned in seeking to progress the right opportunities through the sales funnel.
Evaluates Demand Order Estimates to help effective Sales & Operational Planning that both prepares the business for forthcoming orders, helps to drive adequate inventory and level-load utilisation across Manufacturing & Service Operations teams and assists in effective business forecasting.
Customer service at develop, propose and negotiate stage (25%)
Delivers timely, compliant & compelling proposals to the Salesforce that serve as effective vehicles to set-out the offered solution, provide a basis for negotiation and pave the way for a smooth and unequivocal handover of a secured order.
Secures the appropriate advice, method statements and accountable cost-estimates and lead times from the Manufacturing & Service Operations teams to ensure that opportunities are well specified and the foundations for cost-control are in place from the outset.
Oversees commercial & contract reviews, working with Legal & other departments, to ensure that risk & exposure is known & contained.
Execution (40% at the Handover & Delivery Stages)
- Defines, oversees & implements a handover process to mark the transition between quote-to-order and order-to-cash for each secured win, including the appropriate phasing of backlog & clear linking of customers to their responsible TDW counterpart.
- Ensures that team members, whether from their own team or shared from the Manufacturing & Service Operations teams, are clearly appointed and accountable for each individual order that is to be fulfilled.
- Re-affirms commitment from the Manufacturing & Service Operations teams to deliver according to the agreed schedule and to the estimated cost, with clear protocols to manage & correct exceptions.
- Tracks order execution to ensure that fulfilment is compliant on all parts and the exceptions are well documented in a manner that can avoid controversy in revised plans or charges.
- Ensures that nonstandard products orders are being handled and delivered by Engineering as per order to Manufacturing.
- Plans and coordinates Supply Chain from the plant to the end customer.
- Performs project reviews and ensures appropriate feedback loop inside the organisation.
Completion management at invoicing and review stages (10%)
- Monitors and updates backlogs.
- Supervises the completion of tasks in a compliant manner to trigger the invoicing & collections process, with each invoice tagged and tracked according to the agreed payment terms.
- Manages requests for variation of order and upsell opportunities.
- Tracks the Accounts Receivables process, with clear metrics in place and team goals aiming towards continuous improvement & financial discipline, and takes necessary actions to collect cash.
Team Management (10% throughout)
- Selects, manages, evaluates, motivates and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet Company objectives while complying with EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines or foreign employment guidelines as applicable.
- Sets personal objectives, provides fair and constructive feedback, assesses accurately employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensures training & development needs are addressed.
- Develops a positive team dynamic to ensure high performance.
- Leads the continuous improvement process in the team.