Operational excellence (35%)
- Ensures Manufacturing, Manufacturing engineering, Scheduling, Maintenance and warehouse departments operates efficiently, maintain production and quality standards and accomplish unit and corporate objectives,
- Recommends and assists with the development and formulation of policies, long and short-range objectives, and operating goals,
- Directs the activities of his/her team to ensure timely production, packing and shipping at or below established cost with accepted standards for quality and services,
- Lead the scheduling and rescheduling of production work for manufacturing using computer systems and other methods to ensure timely production,
- Advises the Order fulfillment Team of production dates, schedules and any other pertinent information to ensure coordination of effort among all departments to assure timely deliveries to the customers,
- Identifies and recommends solutions for potential capacity constraints, works closely with the Purchsaing department to implement capacity changes (Subcontracting),
- Ensures that the manufactured products respect the customer specifications and that quality and lead time issues are solved with innovative and creative industry proven initiatives and keep tied bonds with quality department for inspection coordination
- Ensures the Maintenance Supervisor implements and maintains successful preventive maintenance programs for equipments and facility, keep records of uptime, costs and maintenance activities
- Is responsible for safety, quality, delivery and value of the manufacturing shop floor.
Continuous improvement (25%)
- Enhances continuous improvement dynamics within the department, develops and ensures implementation of the appropriate tools (lean, six sigma, etc.);
- Continuously seek for cost and lead time improvement within area of responsibility, suggest of outside
- Team-up with peers to improve the overall plant performance.
HSE rules and procedures (25%)
- Ensures that all safety and housekeeping standards are adequate to achieve a safe work environment, assesses regularly the compliance with the existing standards and ensures that corrective action is taken when required,
- Ensures that all safety issues are addressed in the most efficient way.
Team management (15%)
- Selects, evaluates, motivates and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet company objectives, while complying with local employment guidelines,
- Sets personal objectives, provides fair and constructive feedback, assesses accurately employee performance, training needs, areas for improvement and possibility of future growth within the organization, and ensures training & development needs are addressed,
- Develops a positive team dynamic to ensure high performance,eads the continuous improvement process in his/her team.
Reporting & assets management (10%)
- Prepares operating budget and ensures that approved budget is adhered to so that unit goals & objectives are met,
- Provides upper management with requested reports and makes recommendations to facilitate sound and effective decision-making,
- Investigates and recommends investments in machinery, equipment and subsequent manpower, develops and maintains the capital equipment and facility plan.