- Ensures TDW HSE guidelines and lock-out/tag-out procedures are followed while performing maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities,
- Acts quickly on all safety issues and improvements when requested,
- Complies with OHSAS programs and rectifies out-of-compliance areas, if needed.
Production equipment and facilities maintenance (50%)
- Plans and directs, together with the Production Manager, the activities of all maintenance personnel in performing preventive maintenance and repairs on building, equipment and machinery,
- Oversees mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic maintenance and repair, assuring compliance to existing codes and specifications,
- Compiles and maintains documentation of maintenance costs by machine groups, maintenance type, etc. and produces monthly maintenance reports,
- Develops the maintenance budget and ensures adherence to the approved budget,
- Maintains current documentation of Nivelles facilities & equipments (maps, blueprints & utility layouts) to enable safe and expedient service in case of emergency or during normal maintenance activities,
- Establishes and proposes adequate maintenance contracts with external contractors,
- Oversees and supports all internal moves in the facilities.
Continuous improvement (20%)
- Continuously improves the global and preventive maintenance plans with the feedback from the floor and the breakdowns,
- Develops and follows indicators to track and improve the Maintenance department efficiency,
- Participates in the continuous improvement workshops (5S, Kaisen, SMEd, TPM, etc.) at workshop
Team management (10%)
- Plans, supervises and controls the team’s activities in order to achieve yearly objectives,
- Assigns workload and serves as technical advisor for resolution of complex issues,
- Selects, evaluates, motivates and develops employees to ensure a qualified workforce necessary to meet company objectives, while complying with local employment guidelines.