MISSION: Manages and maintains an appropriate Available-To-Promise (Top-Stock) inventory in the Tulsa Manufacturing Plant and designated service center locations.
1. Establishes, maintains and executes an ATP inventory made up of core items designated as Top-Stock.
2. Maintains a Top-Stock forecast to allow for systematic execution of the forecast by relevant buyers and planners.
3. Establishes relationships and processes with service center personnel to ensure a systematic inventory pull process that allows for immediate replacement of vital inventory to support the respective locations.
4. Works in unison with the master production schedule to avoid scheduling conflicts with manufacturing production while maintaining Top-Stock levels.
5. Coordinates with Production Planners and Buyers to ensure that all materials are properly scheduled to accommodate Top-Stock inventory, while maintaining the integrity of the master production schedule.
6. Maintains and reports monthly measurements as deemed necessary and practical by Materials management as they relate to product responsibility.
7. Prepares, maintains and submits a 12-Month rolling Top-Stock equipment forecast to the master production schedule to ensure necessary materials are available.
8. Reviews product demand of various types (MRP, Sales Order, Safety Stock, et cetera) and enters orders to meet that demand. Planners are also responsible for managing their product and will be accountable for all levels of activity where it concerns meeting demand expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABIITIES REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Some college level hours or a college degree is a plus.
2. APICS certification is desirable.
3. Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint at the Intermediate level.
4. Minimum of 2 years production planning or procurement experience in a manufacturing field.
5. Great written and verbal skills.