Designs, implements, and modifies applications and graphical user interfaces for pipeline inspection data and results.
1. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design software programming applications and graphical user interfaces.
2. Applies creative problem solving skills to a variety of software projects.
3. Designs software applications based on interactions with customers, written specifications, and engineering management direction.
4. Develops and maintains written revision specifications for existing software applications, with direction from customers, team members, and engineering management.
5. Has significant latitude in the implementation details of software applications.
6. Provides technical support to internal program users.
7. Maintains and debugs existing software applications.
8. May develop applications for related embedded projects.
9. Plans and tracks project progress using project software.
10. Estimates durations for application development and meets deadlines.
11. Enjoys working with scientists and engineers to create innovative solutions.
12. Willingness to work with various reporting platforms.
13. Frequent contact with internal customers, including data analysts and production and field service employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience.
2. Has excellent knowledge of object oriented programming, test driven development, and software development lifecycle.
3. Extensive experience with the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
4. Experience with the .Net framework.
5. Experience with the C++ programming language. Experience with Qt, OpenGL, and Boost is a plus.
6. Experience with the C# programming language and WPF development.
7. Solid understanding of relational databases, i.e. SQL server.
8. Knowledge of embedded programming concepts is a plus.
9. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
10. Proficient in the use of personal computers; Microsoft Word and Excel software skill at the Intermediate Level.
11. Customer service skills.
12. Knowledge of report creation development concepts, i.e. SSRS is a plus.
13. Experience working in an Agile work environment is a plus.
14. Experience with Python and mathematical languages a plus.
15. Experience with ReST interfaces is a plus.
16. Desire to work and gain knowledge in oil and gas pipeline integrity industry.